Workers' compensation is a type of insurance that can pay the wages and medical costs of employees who have been injured due to their employment.
Trò chơi xổ số Việt Nam is the exclusive provider of accident insurance for work-related injuries in Queensland, with the exception of self-insurers. WorkCover Queensland will work with you, your employer and medical practitioners to help you recover from an injury.
If you have been or because of work, you should:
- see your doctor and get a workers' compensation medical certificate
- tell your employer about your injury and give them with a copy of your medical certificate
- with WorkCover Queensland
- keep copies of all documents relating to your injury and claim.
There are 2 types of claims:
- statutory (no-fault) claims
- common law claims (where the employee seeks common law action through the courts against their employer).
All claims made in Queensland first need to be lodged as a statutory (no-fault) claim.
Find out about the .
If you're unhappy with the decision made in relation to your claim, you can or by phoning 1300 739 021.
Trò chơi xổ số Việt NamFor statutory claims, compensation is paid regardless of who was at fault for causing the injury.
Payments and benefits (known as statutory compensation) received for these claims may include:
- weekly payments as income replacement
- lump sums to compensate for permanent impairment
- hospital and medical expenses.
Common law claims
Common law claims involve an injured worker suing their employer for negligence.
Generally, a common law claim can only proceed after a statutory claim has been lodged, and then accepted by WorkCover Queensland or the relevant self-insurer. A common law claim may only proceed when WorkCover Queensland or the self-insurer issues a notice of assessment of injury.
The courts may award payments (known as common law damages) for:
- economic loss
- pain and suffering
- legal costs
- medical and hospital costs.
on 1300 362 128 (Monday to Friday, 8am–5.30pm).
Read more information on workers' compensation, including:
- workers' compensation
- of employees and employers.
Trò chơi xổ số Việt Nam—sometimes doing lighter duties can reduce your financial and emotional stress, and plays a vital role in your injury rehabilitation.
- —lists relevant workers' compensation acts and regulations for Queensland.
- —the federal workplace safety, rehabilitation and compensation statutory authority.
- —information for employees (workers), employers and providers.
- —a group of representatives from the peak bodies responsible for the regulation of workers compensation in Australia.
- (Office of Industrial Relations)—conducts reviews of insurance decisions and provides scheme-wide statistics and information about legislation and amendments.
- —the Australian Government's statutory authority aims to improve workers' compensation arrangements across Australia.