Turning something you want in your job or career into a goal is a great way to make it happen.
Trò chơi xổ số Việt NamAll goals, whether they are short-term or long-term, can have a positive effect on your outlook and help you to:
- stay motivated
- plan your career direction
- increase your self-confidence
- stay focused on what is important to you
- track and record your progress and achievements.
The goals that are important to you will be easier to achieve if they are:
- made up of small steps
- easy to see and measure.
Trò chơi xổ số Việt NamThink about what is important to you and what you would like to achieve—both personally and in your work life. Talk to your friends and family about the things that interest you, and think about realistic timeframes. You will find it easier to stay motivated if your goals are important to you and you set a clear path to reach them.
There are lots of resources to help you define your goals and plan the best way to achieve them. You can find advice and help by:
- searching online for topics like ‘goal setting tips’ or ‘defining goals’
- reading books—visit your local library
- contacting a guidance officer or career counsellor
- talking to your human resources advisor at work.
Achieving your goals
Once you have a plan it will be easier to achieve your goals. Writing things down so you can refer back to them also helps. Make sure you record:
- the benefits of each goal
- the steps you will need to take to achieve them
- any tools or resources you will need
- the date that you would like to reach each goal.
It’s good to reflect on the process once you reach your goal to identify what worked well and how you could improve next time.
Talking to your friends, family and professional networks about your goals is a good way to help you stay focused and on track.