Primary and high school students—who have a student concession card, or are in school uniform—can use student fares on . Transport assistance schemes exist to help students whose access to a school is hindered by distance, disability or cost.
School transport assistance schemes
There are 3 types of transport assistance schemes:
- School Transport Assistance Scheme (STAS)—provides help for all students (state and non-state) to cover travel costs to the nearest state school.
- Non State Schools Transport Assistance Scheme (NSSTAS)—provides eligible students attending non-state schools outside the Brisbane City Council boundary assistance with travel costs.
- School Transport Assistance Program for Students with Disabilities—provides eligible state school students with disability transport assistance to and from school.
School Transport Assistance Scheme
Four types of assistance are available for students under the :
- rail transport
- bus transport
- conveyance allowance (for parents who, due to distance, must organise private transport to school or to a transport service)
- help for isolated students.
Trò chơi xổ số Việt NamThe scheme is provided by the Department of Transport and Main Roads.
Non-Government Schools Transport Assistance Scheme
Trò chơi xổ số Việt NamThe (NSSTAS) consists of 2 programs:
- Bus Fare Assistance Program (BFAP)—helps families with bus fare costs where the children attend non-state schools outside the Brisbane City Council boundary.
- Students with Disabilities—helps families with the cost of transporting students with disability to non-state schools.
This scheme is administered by the Queensland Catholic Education Commission on behalf of all non-state schools.
School Transport Assistance Program for Students with Disabilities
The provides eligible state school students with a disability transport assistance to and from the school.
Three types of transport assistance (conditions apply) are considered in an assessment process:
- Conveyance: an allowance paid to parents for privately arranging transport.
- Category 1: passes for public transport (bus/rail/ferry).
- Category 2: specially contracted taxi or minibus services.
The program is provided by the Department of Education and Training.